The Foot is a complex and strong structure which has 26 bones, 33 joints and more than a hundred muscles and ligaments. It is the terminal area of a limb which tolerates weight and allows locomotion with the help of fat pads in the foot. When you feel pain or discomfort in your foot it is an indication that something went wrong.
The average person walks about 100,000 miles which is equal to four times around the Earth. And every single step along the way applies hundreds of pounds of pressure on the feet.
English: picture of foot (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Causes of foot pain
- Old age
- Over weight
- Being on your feet for long periods of time
- Foot defect at the time of birth
- Too much walking or other sports activity
- Shoes that do not fit properly or do not have much softening.
- Pain in the rear feet may be another result of wearing high heels.
Tips To Relieve From Foot Pain
The speedy and simple home care tips can reduce your pain, there may be some simple changes you can make that will help get rid of your foot pain. Below are the tips to help fix your paining feet.
- Ice massages. It is an effective way to treat foot pain and swelling. It also takes care to reduce the pressure on the foot which is the cause for pain.
- Tennis ball can also be used to cure the pain. Place the ball at the bottom of your foot and move the foot on it in a to and fro motion. It is like a massage on your muscles which help relieve soreness.
- You can relax your feet muscles and tissues by stretching them often. This regulates blood circulations.
- Lift your foot as much as possible.
- Do not go for any activity until you are free from pain.
- It is advisable that you wear foot pads in order to be comfort which does not affect the pain.
- Use sandals that make you grip with your toes.
- Switch to running or walking shoes as they have extra cushioning in the heel.
- Taking an appropriate medicine for swelling can cure the foot of these pains..
- Be it exercising, playing sports or running, the amount of pressure laid upon the feet by each activity is huge and can reduce the muscles in the foot weak to injuries.
Above are the tips which relieve you from foot pain and are recommended by many doctors. If there is any excessive pain, you should consult a doctor.If you still feel that you are not relieved from your foot pain, it is better to go for suitable ways which is are a part of medical treatment of foot, leg and ankle illnesses relieve .
Author Bio: This is Gracie a Guest blogger from UK. She have written many guest posts on different categories like Home-improvement, Beauty, Health, Technology , Business and finance. At present she is doing research on payday loans. You can find more about me @financeport